My True Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 17 Eureka KOA to Humboldt Redwoods Burlington Campground

Here are my miles this day:  http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/rsAxNbkokCg and
http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/qpmS8vzX5HY

We had another KOA cabin in Eureka.  Here is luetta at the computer.


On the way to Burlington I crossed the Eel River.  I so enjoyed the Kayak trip down the Eel River last year.  We ended before this bridge,


But even so the water level seemed lower than last year.



We heard of a tour of the "largest Redwood Mill in the world" in Scotia but found out they have been discontinued.


Here are the emense stacks of Redwood lumber and logs outside the mill.


I was happy to get off 101 and onto the Avenue of the Giants at the village of Pepperwood.


Here I am on the Avenue of the Giants and recounting the great fun of last years scouting High Adventure activities here.


And here is a still shot of the same, awesome!!!!


We also visited the Redwood tree identified as the Giant Tree in Albee Creek Campgound area, which was the end of last years hike over Grasshopper Peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment