My True Followers

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 12 Beverly Beach SP to Coo's Bay Hotel for Sunday

Here is my miles for today:  http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/lI-uk8MAjvk

Jumping back to yesterday after I sent the blogout, we went to Sea Lions Cave.

Here I am while I was biking by:

Here is inside the cave.



Here is the ledge where they raise their pups during the summer.


Here is a movie, you can hear the roar of the Sea Lions between the wind noise.

video


We also enjoyed a sunset in the first day of clear sunny weather since we started this trip.

As atested to by this great night sky shot I got that night.


Today we were looking forward to competing the first full week since our sons Louis and Lynn left.

I bike south from Florence and passed what is known as the sand dune and lake country of this part of the Oregon coast.  It is beautiful.


It looks like a high Sierra lake but is just a few miles from the coast.

And here is an example of the massive sand dunes that are encroaching on Hwy. 101.


Here I am getting ready to cross the Conde B. McCullough Memorial Bridge  into North Bend and just beyond Coos's Bay.   It is a 5,305-foot steel cantilever truss bridge, constructed in 1936. It spans the entrance to Coos Bay, carrying U.S. Hwy. 101.  It was intimidating to cross.  I had to push a botton to start flashing lights indicating a bike was on the bridge and to slow down, no wide shoulder to bike on!


A closer look, I didn't stop to take a picture mid-span.

2 comments:

  1. Our family went on a jet boat ride on the river that runs under that bridge. It was really fun, but it sure was a long day!
    We are flying out Tuesday. Hopefully we will see you after your mission some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are really great! Glad to hear that all is going well and you have been able to make good time. Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo

I have worked 30 years at Del Monte Foods in Walnut Creek CA, 5 years at Ralston Purina in San Diego CA, 7 years at Carnation in Oconomowoc WI