My True Followers

Friday, September 15, 2017

Day 7: Route 89 (Idaho to the Grand Canyon) Temple Tour

Well me had more bad weather with rain and lightning, so no bike ride to day.  Here are some photos Luetta took along our trip back to Manti for a second day in the temple.  In the temple a prayer gave thanks for the rain that they received.  I guess they really need the rain in this part of the country.  And even thought I was unable to bike we were also blessed to do more work in the temple for my ancestors.

Here are pictures that show the rain falling as we rode back to Manti.


Our windshield wipers were running on high



 We are back to the most beautiful Manti Temple.


 Then we had to drive a long way to get to Panguitch Utah, where we need to be on our reservations.  They skys are clearing, hope, hope.




As we left interstate 70 to follow Hwy 89 south we entered the Sevier canyon which was very interesting and had a great bike path that run by the highway through the narrow part of the canyon.  It was all downhill, it would have been a fantastic bike ride, Oh well maybe another time.




 After the narrow canyon, we went through many pastoral valleys.



We were going to stay in a KOA, but changed to a Motel since we didn't want to have to freeze on the way to the bathroom/showers in a KOA.  They were kind and refunded my money.

Oh well tonight it will get near freezing and I don't think it will be warm enough to bike until 10 am tomorrow.  Wish me luck.

Here is my ride for tomorrow, weather cooperating.

Panguitch to Bryce Zion Campground (Cabins)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. I hope the rain lets up for you. Tomorrow looks like the kind of day a late start won't hinder too much.

    ReplyDelete