My True Followers

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Day 2: Route 89 (Idaho to the Grand Canyon) Temple Tour

Day 2 was on Saturday September 9th.  Here is a link to my actual ride.

Looking south on Hwy 89 at the start of my ride.


Took a picture of the moon.  Joseph, is it bigger or smaller?




Looking west to the Great Salt Lake.


On the way south on 89 I hear these strange whistling like sounds and found out it was from a herd of Elk.

Entering Pleasant View.



An old Hwy 89 sign post, not sure why the U.


Then Harrisville.

Entering Ogden there was the very nice bike train by the Ogden river.



Approaching the Ogden temple.


And here it is.


Compete with Moroni.


Downtown Ogden has mustang statues all over for the Weber State Mustangs.


It was a good grade out of Ogden on Hwy 89, here I am looking back at where I came from in Ogden.


 Sun flowers along 89 shown here.



Crossing the Ogden river again.




Passing by the exit for Hill Air Force Base, you could here the jets screaming overheadd.


Only 21 more miles till Salt Lake City.


I passed a large being shown at an overpass of Hwy 89.


Now entering Centerville.


Starting the North way to the Bountiful Temple, notice the B on the hill.

Turns out it was a very steep hill (worse than Kirker pass back home) and quite a riding challenge.  This picture looking down the hill doesn't do it justice.



Finally a sign that says my goal is in site.


Made it, the temple is mostly hidden behind the tree and there are huge scaffolding for reconstruction of the steeple.

A very scenic look into the Salt Lake region some distance below.


On my way into Salt Lake city there was a bike trail by the huge stone quarries and parallel to the Hwy 15 Freeway.


Here you can see the refinery with the capital dome in the distance.


It had been raining lightly from Bountiful and in down town Salt Lake City I had to ride in very congested traffic.  I rode on the road in the marked bicycle lanes, but was shocked when a motorcycle policeman motioned me over.  He said thanks for riding on the road and not on the sidewalks and gave me this reward.  Reflective ankle bands. Wow rewarded for dong the right thing, I loved it.


1 comment:

  1. Second day biking and you are already having run ins with the police!

    ReplyDelete