My True Followers

Friday, September 8, 2017

Day 1: Route 89 (Idaho to the Grand Canyon) Temple Tour

We we started our first biking day from Franklin, Idaho, to Perry, Utah (which is just south of Brigham City, Utah).

Here is the link for my actual ride


First we drove from our son's place in Smithfield and entered Utah.

We went a few miles into Idaho to Franklin, then unloaded all my biking gear and got set to start.  I am actually riding on Hwy 91 here, Hwy 89 starts in Logan.  We have biked the 89 from Montpelier Idaho to Logan before.

Entering Utah.


It was a cloudy cool morning which was great for biking and I had a good tale wind that keep me speeding along.  Here are sunbeams poking through the clouds with some farm equipment for sale in the foreground.  Anyone interested.


First town in Utah was Richmond.  Luetta had an aunt (Elda) who use to live there.  She tells the story of visiting cousins for a week and feeling very homesick.


Charles is bused to Richmond for middle school.  I passed it and too a picture.


Next town is Smithfield, I have ancestors who are buried here, Christopher and Catherine Roberts from Wales.  Also Louis Camille and there very special family


I moved off Hwy 89 to line up better to go to the Logan Temple and on the way passed the High School that Kaylee now attends.


They are the Bobcats.

Approaching the Logan Temple.


Me at the Logan Temple.


Now for the hard part, starting up the canyon out of Logan, a long somewhat steep slog.


Still 15 miles to go.  Oh boy.


Look back where I came from, at least I am making progress.


 Luetta met me just over the last hill and gave me some Milano cookies she got at Pepperridge Farms just North of Richmond.  I continued on energized and here I am at the Brigham City Temple.  It turned out to be all downhill after the cookies.


Luetta took a picture that shows the spires of the temple.  Unfortunately they were only open in the early a.m. today.

We stayed at the Perry, Utah KOA, here is the view out our back window.


Here is our car parked in front.


And from the front of the KOA cabin with my bike.


And just to the left of our cabin is the barn and corral with these horses.  My question is why was this horse blindfolded?


Here is a link to tomorrows ride:

Ride from Perry to Salt Lake City


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first day riding and 2 temples. (FYI when I tried to see where you were riding tomorrow the web site said the route wasn't public so it didn't load.)

    ReplyDelete